Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Online Support Group for Bipolar Moms & Moms-to-Be

I'd like to start an online support group for bipolar moms & moms-to-be. It would be a weekly chat or teleconference. Anyone interested?

It will be a DBSA-style group. (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance). I'm a former DBSA facilitator. We could do a video webcam version, phone session or chat room I know Skype has a video group function actually.

If you are interested what day of the week and time of the day would you want to do it and are you interested in phone, webcam or chat? I personally think phone or webcam is best.

3 comments:

  1. I'd love something like that if you can get enough people. I'm all about the phone. Video would freak me out I think.

    After bed (8:30-9:00pm) on weeknights is the best time for me or Saturday after 2:00pm or probably anytime Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Great article !!!! Keep it up I enjoyed this one.

    with regards
    Laura

    Menopause

    ReplyDelete
  3. I a bipolar woman of almost 30 years old that is ready to start a family soon here. I am getting married in October and would like to start after that. This support group is something that I would be very interested in! I think Skype would be great. And for the women that are nervous about sharing their video there is a function on skype where you can share as audio only with no video. But don't be nervous, remember, we're all here for the same reason.

    Marion

    ReplyDelete